Traducción de visit en español:
- 1 (brief call, stay, trip) we had a visit from the health inspectorel inspector de sanidad nos hizo una visitato pay a visit to somebodyhacerle una visita a alguiento pay a visit to something
ir a ver a alguienvisitar algoI must just go and pay a visit (British) [euphemistic]necesito lavarme las manos [euphemistic]this is my first visit to Romeesta es la primera vez que visito Romaa private/an official visit to Washington/Moscow
esta es la primera visita que hago a Romauna visita privada/oficial a Washington/MoscúOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- When I was in London I popped up to Kettering to pay him a visit.
- Having ranted considerably, welcome to my new English civilian female friend who has decided to pay me a visit in the club this evening.
- It's a little empty at the moment, but pay him a visit anyway.
- It was meant to be a temporary visit, but Tokyo broke its promise, and said they were not going back.
- Hawkes Bay was a really nice place, and being only 4 hours from Wellington, I can potentially see some future weekend visits to stay there and see more of what it has to offer.
- Better keep your friend and your roots for wonderful visits, and stay where you already have not only friends but also your network of casual acquaintances - your world.
visitar(friend)you should visit us more often
ir a verdeberías venir a vernos or a visitarnos más a menudowe were visiting Joeestábamos de visita en casa de Joethey're visiting us for the summervendrán a pasar el verano con nosotrosOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- She plans to spend her retirement visiting her son and grandson in Durham and sightseeing around the countryside.
- Georgie rode out to visit with Tess, though I'm sure she'll come by to visit you and Olivia, as well.
- It is the first time Sue has been back to the UK since moving away and she will be spending two weeks visiting old friends and sight-seeing.
- Despite the fact we still travel abroad twice as much as inbound tourists visit us, holidays at home are hard to beat.
- From that Christmas, Jonathan promised to visit Perry and stay with him in his Ghana home for the festive season.
- Then a few days before my tenth he visited me and stayed until my birthday when he gave me this necklace and left.
- 2 [literary] (usually passive) 2.1 (afflict)to be visited
withsomethingthe country was visited with a plague of insectsuna plaga de insectos azotó el paísOraciones de ejemplo2.2 (inflict)to visit something
- God promised he would release them from slavery, but not before Pharaoh had refused their release and God had visited ten plagues on Egypt to demonstrate his power.
onsomebodyinfligirle algothe punishments visited on them by the gods aalguienlos castigos que los dioses les infligieronOraciones de ejemplo
- In the final scene, in which the lovers finally come within touching distance, it is Miriam who intervenes to prevent the cruelties of Yair's father from being visited upon his own son.
- With a clear conscience, every health guru can take a good kick at the unhealthy, King Size Mars bars guzzling masses who are apparently asking for the wrath of diabetes to be visited upon them.
- Another explanation was needed for the cataclysm that was visited upon Great Heck that bitter winter's morning of February 28, 2001.
- 1 (pay a call)hacer una visita(stay) estar de visitashe's always promising to visitsiempre está prometiéndonos que nos hará una visitahe doesn't live with us, he's just visitingno vive con nosotros, está de visitais visiting allowed?¿se permiten las visitas?to go visitingir de visitaI've invited her to come and visit next year
ir a hacer visitasla he invitado a que venga a visitarnos or a pasar una temporada con nosotros el año que viene
- 2also: visiting present participle(team)
invitadoOraciones de ejemplo
- Dr Sheng Zhang, who arrived at the Institute in 1999 as a visiting academic from Beijing Municipal Chemical Industry Research Institute, will head the project team.
- He was a visiting lecturer or professor at several universities and won various academic awards.
- He had worked there as a visiting academic since 1992 and was on a three-week working trip to the country.
- 3 (chat) (US) [colloquial]to visit (
withsomebody)charlar (stay and visit (with me) for a while conalguien) [colloquial]quédate a charlar (conmigo) un rato [colloquial]
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda