Traducción de wave en español:
- 1 1.1 (of water) to ride the waves [literary]surcar los mares [literary]to make waveshacer olas
causar problemasOraciones de ejemplo1.2 (in hair) she has a natural wave to her hair
tiene el pelo naturalmente ondulado1.3 (Physics)Oraciones de ejemplo
- He had anticipated this move though for as soon as she broke the surface a wave of water hit her.
- The sound of the waves breaking on the shore is a fine way to fall asleep.
- While the guys attempted to body surf the waves, the girls laid out on the sand to tan.
- Her long dark blonde hair had a natural wave and hung half to her waist.
- We finger-styled Tamara's hair fresh out of the shower, coaxing out the natural wave in her otherwise pin-straight hair.
- Standing at well over six feet, he had long, dark hair with a slight wave to it that just brushed his shoulders.
- 2 (surge, movement) a wave of revolutionary fervoruna oleada de fervor revolucionarioa wave of nausea came over himle vinieron náuseasthere has been a wave of attacksha habido una oleada de asaltosOraciones de ejemplo
- So will one the features of this new age - in addition to the welcome growth in sexual openness - be a terrible wave of increased sexual assaults?
- Momentum was increased by a fresh wave of Russian pogroms in 1903.
- The United States also pledged $350m to help tsunami victims, a tenfold increase over its first wave of aid.
- 1 1.1 (shake, swing)(handkerchief/flag)she waved her hand sadly
agitarhizo adiós con la mano, llena de tristezato wave something in the airagitar algo en el airestop waving those papers under my nose!¡deja de restregarme esos papeles por las narices!to wave something aroundagitar algoshe waved her stick at themlos amenazó agitando su bastón en el aire or blandiendo su bastónsmiling, she waved the letter at him to wave goodbyehacer adiós con la manoshe waved him goodbyele hizo adiós con la mano1.2 (direct) I was waved to one sideme apartó con un gestothe policeman waved us onel policía nos hizo señas para or de que siguiéramos adelanteOraciones de ejemplo
- Chad smiled and waved his hand, shaking his head.
- As you sing the song the next time, you wave your left hand in time with the music.
- They have no use for the dignified thumb sign, but wave their hands recklessly in an attempt to attract the rider and somehow get him to stop.
- 2 (curl) I had my hair wavedme marqué or me ondulé el peloOraciones de ejemplo
- For the model above the hair was waved with a stacked perm at the back of the neck to get volume up to the occipital bone, and layered and textured through the front.
- She wore, black strappy high heeled sandals and her long dark hair was waved to perfection.
- He was in his forties, she guessed, with thick, dark, waved hair and big baby-blue eyes.
- 1 (signal)to wave
ato tosomebody(to say goodbye)
aalguien con la mano(in greeting)(to attract attention) he waved at o to me to come over she waved up/across at me
saludar a alguien con la manome hizo señas desde abajo/desde el otro ladoOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- I saw her mom's face looking from the window and I waved, but she disappeared behind the curtain.
- I waved out the window to my friends, dreading the conversation I was going to have with my parents when I got home.
- His eyes caught sight of Henry standing behind the window, and he waved cheerfully at him as well.
- As he passed, merchants and shoppers smiled and waved their greetings.
- There are ready smiles from residents who wave their greetings as we eventually head off the road and towards a small clutch of humble wooden dwellings.
- I waved greetings in the general direction of the blokes, and smiled at the girls.
- 2 (sway, flutter)(corn/trees)
mecerse con el vientoOraciones de ejemplo
- Jamie lifted his head and looked at the green tent as it flapped and waved in the wind and rain.
- You could barely see the folk for the flags waving.
- And there's American flags waving in the background, and plenty of 'em.
Verbos con partícula
- he waved me aside
- she waved the flies away
- we were waved down by a policeman
- we waved them off until the ship was out of sight
me hizo señas para que me hiciera a un lado
espantó las moscas con la manoshe waved him away
le hizo señas para or de que se fuera
un policía nos hizo señas para que paráramos
les dijimos adiós con la mano hasta que el barco se perdió de vista
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda