- [body/limb] debilitar; [structure] hacer* más endeble, quitarle solidez a; [power/government/currency/economy] debilitar; [determination] menoscabar he weakened his grip on her arm dejó de asirle el brazo con tanta fuerzaMás ejemplos en oraciones
- She hates this kind of thing normally, but all the hype and good reviews weakened her resolve.
- It did not weaken his resolve, although there are times when bitterness wells to the surface.
- His squad may be physically weakened, but he believes their resolve remains strong.
- [person/animal] (physically) debilitarse; [resolve/determination] flaquear; [power] debilitarse I finally weakened and let her go finalmente cedí or aflojé or me ablandé y la dejé ir don't weaken in your resolve no cedas en tu propósito her hold on the rope gradually weakened cada vez se agarraba con menos fuerza de la cuerda the pound has weakened against the dollar la libra ha caído frente al dólar
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
La movida madrileña is an expression referring to the Madrid social and cultural scene of the late 1970s and early 1980s, and the people involved in it. It was a youth phenomenon based around night spots in the city, such as the now defunct club Rock-Ola. One of the leading lights of the movida was the movie director Pedro Almodóvar.