- verdugón (masculine) (de un golpe dado con una cuerda, correa etc)Oraciones de ejemplo
- I sat in it once when they were picking tomatoes, my feet dangling, the ridge of the seat hurting my thighs, making red weals.
- Their idea of a fun Saturday afternoon is to go paintballing and end up covered in golfball-sized red weals from being shot at close range.
- You could always tell where she'd been in the school, you just followed the red weals on the legs of the kids.
- uncountable (good) the common weal [literary]el bien comúnweal and woe [archaic]la buena y la mala fortunaOraciones de ejemplo
- There is no way for a democratic regime to prevent the citizens from watching and participating in exchanges of ideas, even if these are often half-baked or biassed, and not aimed at public weal.
- This President has largely excused the rich and powerful from the onerous burden of lightening their wads a tiny bit for the public weal - with a resulting plunge in Treasury receipts.
- Positions of trust were designated to all members of this Parliament, singly and corporately, who were seen as guardians of the public weal.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda