- 1 (well-being) bienestar (masculine)Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He said that the health, safety and welfare of officers was always of concern.
- Provision for the pupils' care, health, safety and welfare is very good.
- After a month or so a programme of home visits begins, and enquiries are made about the health and general welfare of each family.
- 2 [Social Administration/Servicios Sociales] 2.1 (assistance) asistencia (feminine) social child welfare protección (feminine) a la infancia (before noun/delante del nombre) [program] de asistencia social welfare organization organización (feminine) de asistencia social 2.2 (payment) (American English/inglés norteamericano) prestaciones (feminine plural) sociales to be on welfare recibir prestaciones de la seguridad socialMás ejemplos en oraciones
- We know that real jobs are a better guarantee of prosperity for the unemployed than welfare.
- The workers are demanding an expansion and prompt payment of welfare benefits to the unemployed.
- The Government wants to keep putting up taxes in order to support its welfare expenditure.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Bullfighting is popular in Spain and in Mexico, Colombia, Peru, and Venezuela. For some Spaniards it is crucial to Spanish identity. The season runs from March to October in Spain, from November to March in Latin America.