- 1 (well-being) bienestar (m)Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He said that the health, safety and welfare of officers was always of concern.
- Provision for the pupils' care, health, safety and welfare is very good.
- After a month or so a programme of home visits begins, and enquiries are made about the health and general welfare of each family.
- 2 [Soc Adm] 2.1 (assistance) asistencia (f) social child welfare protección (f) a la infancia (before n) [program] de asistencia social welfare organization organización (f) de asistencia social 2.2 (payment) (AmE) prestaciones (fpl) sociales to be on welfare recibir prestaciones de la seguridad socialMás ejemplos en oraciones
- We know that real jobs are a better guarantee of prosperity for the unemployed than welfare.
- The workers are demanding an expansion and prompt payment of welfare benefits to the unemployed.
- The Government wants to keep putting up taxes in order to support its welfare expenditure.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Santería is a religious cult, fusing African beliefs and Catholicism, which developed among African Yoruba slaves in Cuba. Followers believe both in a single supreme being and also in orishas, deities who each share an identity with a Christian saint and who combine a force of nature with human characteristics. Rituals involve music, dancing, sacrificial offerings, divination, and going into trances.