- 1 (well-being) bienestar (m)Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He said that the health, safety and welfare of officers was always of concern.
- Provision for the pupils' care, health, safety and welfare is very good.
- After a month or so a programme of home visits begins, and enquiries are made about the health and general welfare of each family.
- 2 [Soc Adm] 2.1 (assistance) asistencia (f) social child welfare protección (f) a la infancia (before n) [program] de asistencia social welfare organization organización (f) de asistencia social 2.2 (payment) (AmE) prestaciones (fpl) sociales to be on welfare recibir prestaciones de la seguridad socialMás ejemplos en oraciones
- We know that real jobs are a better guarantee of prosperity for the unemployed than welfare.
- The workers are demanding an expansion and prompt payment of welfare benefits to the unemployed.
- The Government wants to keep putting up taxes in order to support its welfare expenditure.
Buscar otros recursos lingüísticos
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...