Traducción de wing en español:
- 1 countable or uncountable (Zoology) a bird on the wingun pájaro volando or en vueloto take wing [literary]levantar or alzar el vueloto clip somebody's wings (restrict, constrain)cortarle las alas a alguiento spread o stretch one's wings [literary](bird)there comes a time when children want to spread their wings
desplegar or extender las alasllega el momento en que los chicos quieren alzar or levantar el vuelothis job will give her a chance to spread her wingseste trabajo le va a dar la oportunidad de desarrollar su potencialunder somebody's/something's wingshe took the new girl under her wingse hizo cargo de la chica nuevahe's working under the wing of an experttrabaja bajo la tutela de un expertothis comes under the wing of the marketing departmentesto es responsabilidad del departamento de márketingOraciones de ejemplo
- Besides having forelimbs that resemble the wings of modern birds, the animal sported long feathers from thigh to foot on each hind limb.
- In medieval Europe, scribes used trimmed feathers from the wings of large birds and various inks to mark a set of alphabetic letters on parchment skins.
- A bird needs wings for lift, tail feathers for control and lightweight bones.
- 2 (Aviation) 2.1 (structure) on a wing and a prayerwe managed to get home on a wing and a prayerllegamos a casa de milagrothey are going into this election on a wing and a prayerse van a presentar a estas elecciones a la buena de Dios2.2 (unit)Oraciones de ejemplo
- He has commanded a fighter squadron, two fighter wings, a numbered Air Force and two major commands.
- The wing commander is responsible for all of his or her wing's squadrons in the recovery and individual and unit training phases.
- He has commanded a fighter squadron, two fighter wings, and a numbered air force.
- 3(British English) (Cars)
guardabarros (masculine) or (Mexico) salpicadera (feminine) or (Chile) (Peru) tapabarros (masculine)Oraciones de ejemplo
- T1 will see readily identifiable versions of everyday saloon cars visually spectacularly modified with big flared wheel arches, wings and bumpers.
- Automotive Industries recently was shown a more potent Stratus, stripped of its chrome accents but also devoid of any wings or air dams.
- Body kits, spoilers, wings, decals, bumpers and other accessories are commonly used to customize a car.
- 4 (Sport) 4.1 (part of field)Oraciones de ejemplo4.2 (player, position)
ala (masculine or feminine) con artículo masculino en el singularwing threequarter
- Saints are set to switch Darren Albert from the wing to full-back to offset the absence of Paul Wellens, but Millward also has the option of Anthony Stewart and Sean Hoppe.
- Nick Barber came onto the wing replacing the centre Smith.
- El Hamdaoui has variously been described as a striker and capable of playing on both wings, in other words jack-of-all-trades, master of none.
alero (masculine or feminine)
extremo (masculine or feminine)ala (masculine or feminine) con artículo masculino en el singular tres cuartosOraciones de ejemplo
- The big wing forward was to convert two further frees in the opening quarter while Seamus Lyons landed his first score after a foul on David Cuddy.
- Although he has been used mainly as a wing forward up to now, he's chosen at full forward for tomorrow's match.
- As we approach the League final, the famous shout for joy from the wing forward on that day in 1980, when the Rangers beat Renard, is doing the rounds again.
- 5 (Politics) the left wing of the partyel ala izquierda del partidothe political wing of the organizationel ala política or el brazo político de la organizaciónsee also→ left wing, → right wingOraciones de ejemplo
- Ms Reid was a one time member of the Official Republicans movement and later joined Irish Republican Socialist Party, the political wing of the INLA.
- Rather, the IRA was increasingly recognized as the armed wing of one political party.
- Will the Republican party be the political wing of the evangelical movement again in 2008?
- 7 (of building)Oraciones de ejemplo
- The first floor of the main wing of the building was destroyed and it was believed a chimney at the back of the building may have been left unstable.
- The Sanctuary's dueling grounds was found at the end of the north wing of the main chamber.
- The boardwalk guides visitors past another guest cottage and the bedroom wing of the main house.
- 8also: wings plural8.1 (Theater)the wingslos bastidoresto stand/wait in the wingsshe tends to stand in the wings and not get involveden general se mantiene al margen y no se meteif he doesn't play well, there are others waiting in the wingssi no juega bien, hay quienes están listos para sustituirloOraciones de ejemplo8.2 (insignia) (Aviation, Military)
Oraciones de ejemplo8.3→ water wings
- He didn't go on stage, though, but sang from the wings while Beesley mimed onstage.
- The theatre goes black, and the red curtains part, and go back towards the wings as the stage lights go up to reveal the lobby of a small hotel.
- She bustled out of the bathroom and headed towards the wings of the stage, where the rest of the choir was waiting.
- He gained his wings as a sergeant pilot a year later and was commissioned in 1944.
- You get the occasional guy who fails just before wings or at wings and it's a bit of a shame because they're so close.
- After entering the U.S. Air Force, Aldrin earned his pilot wings in 1952.
- 9 (of table)(of chair) oreja (feminine)
- 1to wing one's waywe were soon winging our way to Italypoco tiempo después estábamos camino a Italiathe news had already winged its way across the Atlanticla noticia ya había cruzado el Atlánticoto wing it (improvise) (American English) [colloquial]arreglárselas sobre la marcha
- 2 (wound)(bird)the bullet only winged him
herir en el alala bala apenas le rozó el brazo/hombroOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The Steps have built an aviary of sorts and have been trying to stock it with any wild birds they can wing with their air rifles.
- In mid-air, I turn and squeeze off three shots, winging him.
- He did some shooting at Gardener in yard but only winged him because Mr Big Star is drinking too much.
- In a split second Jerome, whose anger had begun to build, flashed out his gun and fired, but Selby dropped to one knee and fired his gun, winging him.
- (move quickly)Oraciones de ejemplo
- Yeah, a 30/30 shell winging past a guy's ear will do that.
- Like, this evening, we were watching a bit of TV when a commercial for the latest volume of Barbra Streisand Greatest Hits had the velvet voice winging through the speakers.
- It would appear that text messages had been winging back and forth across the Atlantic and Weggie was under orders to, ‘Give him a big kiss on the lips from me.’
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda