Traducción de wing en español:
- 1 countable or uncountable (Zoology) a bird on the wingto take wing [literary]un pájaro volando or en vueloto clip somebody's wings (restrict, constrain)levantar or alzar el vueloto spread o stretch one's wings [literary] (bird)cortarle las alas a alguienthere comes a time when children want to spread their wingsdesplegar or extender las alasthis job will give her a chance to spread her wingsllega el momento en que los chicos quieren alzar or levantar el vuelounder somebody's/something's wingshe took the new girl under her wingeste trabajo le va a dar la oportunidad de desarrollar su potencialhe's working under the wing of an expertse hizo cargo de la chica nuevathis comes under the wing of the marketing departmenttrabaja bajo la tutela de un expertoesto es responsabilidad del departamento de márketingOraciones de ejemplo
- Besides having forelimbs that resemble the wings of modern birds, the animal sported long feathers from thigh to foot on each hind limb.
- In medieval Europe, scribes used trimmed feathers from the wings of large birds and various inks to mark a set of alphabetic letters on parchment skins.
- A bird needs wings for lift, tail feathers for control and lightweight bones.
- 2 (Aviation) 2.1 (structure) on a wing and a prayerwe managed to get home on a wing and a prayerthey are going into this election on a wing and a prayerllegamos a casa de milagro2.2 (unit)se van a presentar a estas elecciones a la buena de DiosOraciones de ejemplo
- He has commanded a fighter squadron, two fighter wings, a numbered Air Force and two major commands.
- The wing commander is responsible for all of his or her wing's squadrons in the recovery and individual and unit training phases.
- He has commanded a fighter squadron, two fighter wings, and a numbered air force.
- 3(British English) (Cars)guardabarros (masculine) or (Mexico) salpicadera (feminine) or (Chile) (Peru) tapabarros (masculine)Oraciones de ejemplo
- T1 will see readily identifiable versions of everyday saloon cars visually spectacularly modified with big flared wheel arches, wings and bumpers.
- Automotive Industries recently was shown a more potent Stratus, stripped of its chrome accents but also devoid of any wings or air dams.
- Body kits, spoilers, wings, decals, bumpers and other accessories are commonly used to customize a car.
- 4 (Sport) 4.1 (part of field) 4.2 (player, position) wing threequarterala (masculine and feminine) ‡ tres cuartosOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Saints are set to switch Darren Albert from the wing to full-back to offset the absence of Paul Wellens, but Millward also has the option of Anthony Stewart and Sean Hoppe.
- Nick Barber came onto the wing replacing the centre Smith.
- El Hamdaoui has variously been described as a striker and capable of playing on both wings, in other words jack-of-all-trades, master of none.
- The big wing forward was to convert two further frees in the opening quarter while Seamus Lyons landed his first score after a foul on David Cuddy.
- Although he has been used mainly as a wing forward up to now, he's chosen at full forward for tomorrow's match.
- As we approach the League final, the famous shout for joy from the wing forward on that day in 1980, when the Rangers beat Renard, is doing the rounds again.
- 5 (Politics) the left wing of the partythe political wing of the organizationel ala izquierda del partidosee also→ left wing, → right wingel ala política or el brazo político de la organizaciónOraciones de ejemplo
- Ms Reid was a one time member of the Official Republicans movement and later joined Irish Republican Socialist Party, the political wing of the INLA.
- Rather, the IRA was increasingly recognized as the armed wing of one political party.
- Will the Republican party be the political wing of the evangelical movement again in 2008?
- 7 (of building)Oraciones de ejemplo
- The first floor of the main wing of the building was destroyed and it was believed a chimney at the back of the building may have been left unstable.
- The Sanctuary's dueling grounds was found at the end of the north wing of the main chamber.
- The boardwalk guides visitors past another guest cottage and the bedroom wing of the main house.
- 8also: wings plural8.1 (Theater)the wingsto stand/wait in the wingsshe tends to stand in the wings and not get involvedlos bastidoresif he doesn't play well, there are others waiting in the wingsen general se mantiene al margen y no se mete8.2 (insignia) (Aviation, Military)si no juega bien, hay quienes están listos para sustituirloOraciones de ejemplo8.3→ water wings
Oraciones de ejemplo
- He gained his wings as a sergeant pilot a year later and was commissioned in 1944.
- You get the occasional guy who fails just before wings or at wings and it's a bit of a shame because they're so close.
- After entering the U.S. Air Force, Aldrin earned his pilot wings in 1952.
- He didn't go on stage, though, but sang from the wings while Beesley mimed onstage.
- The theatre goes black, and the red curtains part, and go back towards the wings as the stage lights go up to reveal the lobby of a small hotel.
- She bustled out of the bathroom and headed towards the wings of the stage, where the rest of the choir was waiting.
- 1to wing one's waywe were soon winging our way to Italythe news had already winged its way across the Atlanticpoco tiempo después estábamos camino a Italiato wing it (improvise) (American English) [colloquial]la noticia ya había cruzado el Atlánticoarreglárselas sobre la marcha
- 2 (wound)(bird)the bullet only winged himherir en el alala bala apenas le rozó el brazo/hombroOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The Steps have built an aviary of sorts and have been trying to stock it with any wild birds they can wing with their air rifles.
- In mid-air, I turn and squeeze off three shots, winging him.
- He did some shooting at Gardener in yard but only winged him because Mr Big Star is drinking too much.
- In a split second Jerome, whose anger had begun to build, flashed out his gun and fired, but Selby dropped to one knee and fired his gun, winging him.
- (move quickly)Oraciones de ejemplo
- Yeah, a 30/30 shell winging past a guy's ear will do that.
- Like, this evening, we were watching a bit of TV when a commercial for the latest volume of Barbra Streisand Greatest Hits had the velvet voice winging through the speakers.
- It would appear that text messages had been winging back and forth across the Atlantic and Weggie was under orders to, ‘Give him a big kiss on the lips from me.’
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en India
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.