- 1.1 (put in writing) escribir* how do you write that? ¿cómo se escribe? mother writes that they are well mamá dice en la carta que están bien it is written that … está escrito que … (to have sth) written all over one/one's face jealousy was written all over him/his face se le notaba a la legua/en la cara que estaba celoso don't pretend it wasn't you, it's written all over your face no te hagas el inocente, que se te nota en la cara que fuiste túMás ejemplos en oraciones1.2 (compose) [letter/essay] escribir* I wrote him a letter le escribí una carta to write sb a check o (British English/inglés británico) cheque hacerle* or [formal] extenderle* un cheque a algn 1.3 (write letter to) (American English/inglés norteamericano) escribirle* a she wrote her uncle that she was coming home le escribió a su tío diciéndole que volvía a casa
Más ejemplos en oraciones1.4 [Computing/Informática] escribir* to write sth to disk o (in British English also/en inglés británico también) disc traspasar algo a un disco
- Write with the knowledge of death on your shoulder, write the beauty of the red leafed begonia, remember winter, write with compassion.
- To write the love of God above would drain the ocean dry.
- If all the water of the oceans became ink, it will not be enough to write the Greatness of Allah.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Shortly after that visit home, she wrote me to ask if she could borrow $250.
- We met because I took out her best friend, and she wrote me to tease me about it.
- Next morning he wrote her to come.
- Details are written to a file named after the IP address of the Ethernet on each ARM.
- Every time a host application writes a transaction to the local disk storage subsystem, a data protection appliance writes it in parallel to the local compatible appliance.
- The application can seek, read, an write bytes to the stream as it is a local file.
- 1.1 (produce writing) escribir* this pencil doesn't write very well este lápiz no escribe muy bien 1.2 (as author, journalist) escribir* I've always wanted to write siempre he querido ser escritor she writes for a newspaper/for television escribe en un periódico/para la televisión to write
about/ onsth escribir* acerca deor sobrealgoMás ejemplos en oraciones1.3 (in letter) escribir* to write
- I'm the only president whose ever written a novel and I've written a book of poetry in the past as well.
- We know he was interested in American literature, for he wrote an essay each on Whitman and Thoreau.
- He literally wrote a book on the subject, shortly after his second daughter, Justine, was born.
tosb escribirle* aalgn I wish you'd write to me more often quisiera que me escribieras más seguido I am writing in response to the advertisement which … me dirijo a ustedes con relación al anuncio que … you never write to your mother nunca le escribes a tu madre we write to each other every month nos escribimos todos los meses I write home once a week escribo a casa una vez por semana to be nothing to write home about no ser* nada del otro mundo or [colloquial/familiar] nada del otro juevesMás ejemplos en oraciones
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I wrote to him just to say what a great job he was doing and how proud to be a New Zealander he made me, and he took the trouble to write a lovely letter back.
- He wrote letters and he sent them through a talk show producer and asked the talk show producer to get it to a family member.
- So I wrote the letter and sent it that evening before I went to bed.
- A stroke can affect your ability to read and write and even if you can talk, sometimes the words don't come out in the correct order.
- Thereafter, lacking the ability to read and write, they were unable to cope with an education that assumed the existence of these skills.
- It is clear that higher education is a sector predicated upon the ability to read and write accurately.
Verbos con partícula
write awayverb + adverb/verbo + adverbio
write backverb + adverb/verbo + adverbio
- to write back (
tosb) contestar(le aalgn) I wrote to her, but she never wrote back le escribí, pero no me contestó
write downverb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object/verbo + complemento + adverbio, verbo + adverbio + complemento
- verb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object/verbo + complemento + adverbio, verbo + adverbio + complemento 1.1 (insert) [name/word] escribir*, incluir* 1.2 (include) [safeguard/condition] incluir* 1.3 (in (United States/los Estados Unidos) ) [candidate's name] añadir, agregar* 1.4 (in play, series) [character/part] añadir, agregar* 1.1verb + adverb/verbo + adverbio [viewer/reader] escribir* lots of listeners wrote in for signed photographs muchos oyentes escribieron pidiendo fotos autografiadas
write intoverb + object + preposition + object/verbo + complemento + preposición + complemento
- v + advwrite away 1.1verb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object/verbo + complemento + adverbio, verbo + adverbio + complemento 2.1 [Finance/Finanzas] [debt/loan] cancelar to write sth off to bad debts pasar algo a cuentas incobrables 2.2 [assets] amortizar* 2.3 (consider beyond repair) [insurer] declarar siniestro total 2.4 (damage beyond repair) (British English/inglés británico) destrozar*, hacer* polvo [colloquial/familiar] 2.5 (consider a failure, disregard) [marriage/project/career] dar* por perdido the project was written off as a failure se estimó que el proyecto había sido un fracaso after this scandal, he can be written off as a serious challenger con este escándalo, puede decirse que queda descartado como contendiente
write outverb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object/verbo + complemento + adverbio, verbo + adverbio + complemento
- 1.1 (write fully) escribir* write his name out in full escribe su nombre completo 1.2 (copy) escribir* write out a neat version pásalo en limpio or (Spain/España) a limpio 1.3 (complete, fill out) [prescription] escribir*; [check] hacer*, extender* [formal] 1.1 [character/part] eliminar (del libreto)
write upverb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object/verbo + complemento + adverbio, verbo + adverbio + complemento
- 1.1 (rewrite fully) [report/notes] pasar en limpio or (Spain/España) a limpio, transcribir* 1.2 (describe) [experiment/visit] redactar un informe sobre 1.3 (review) [film/play/book] escribir* una crítica or reseña de
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The deck of cards used in Spain is called the baraja francesa. The four suits are oros, copas, espadas, and bastos, corresponding to diamonds, hearts, spades, and clubs. Each suit has nine numbered cards and three face cards - jack (sota), knight, and king. There is no queen.