Traducción de yoke en español:
- 1 1.1 (for oxen, horses)Oraciones de ejemplo1.2 (burden, bondage) the yoke of slavery
el yugo de la esclavitudunder the yoke of somebody/somethingbajo el yugo de alguien/algoto cast o throw off the yokeliberarse del yugoOraciones de ejemplo
- The god told him that he would meet a cow that had never borne the weight of a yoke or plough.
- The only noise was the snorting of oxen as they pulled against the yoke.
- The yoke was fastened to the pole with a complex of knots so thoroughly tangled that it was impossible to unravel.
- The yearning of the poor that the Independence of the country and the shedding of the yoke of an oppressive colonial past would bring wealth or at least a little more prosperity to them, still remain an unfulfilled dream.
- The worst abuses were officially abolished, but the yoke of oppression did return, and new laws depriving people of their freedom and their political rights were instituted.
- Artistic approach to the style has been undergoing modern transformation, emerging out from under the oppressive yoke of postmodernist theory.
- 2plural yoke2.1 (pair of oxen) 2.2 (carrying frame)percha (feminine)
aguaderas (feminine plural)Oraciones de ejemplo2.3 (of dress, shirt)
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Women in brightly coloured headscarves and short Russian army boots carried pails of milk on yokes around their shoulders.
- By day he was working in a limestone quarry, carrying buckets of stones on a yoke.
- Experiment with this technique on shirt yokes and sleeve seams.
- It has the right yoke, waistband and pocket details.
- Foam usually isn't recommended for use on lightweight fabrics; however, it can be used in the yoke or neckline area of form-fitting garments.
- (oxen)he yoked the oxen (up) to the plough
enyuntarunció or enyuntó los bueyes al aradopay increases are yoked to performancelos aumentos de sueldo están ligados al rendimientoOraciones de ejemplo
- Oxen are yoked to the plough, donkeys carry the harvest from field to village, and cows and sheep trample the grain on the threshing floor.
- Because Cassius is yoked to him both in love and their deadly and momentous endeavour, he is a tragic hero too, powerless against the unbending resolve of Brutus to do what philosophy, not opportunity, dictates.
- The two cannot go together, and is akin to yoking a horse and a camel together.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda