Traducción de yoke en español:
- 1 1.1 (for oxen, horses) yugo (masculine)Oraciones de ejemplo1.2 (burden, bondage) yugo (masculine) the yoke of slavery el yugo de la esclavitud under the yoke of sb/sth bajo el yugo de algn/algo to cast o throw off the yoke liberarse del yugo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The god told him that he would meet a cow that had never borne the weight of a yoke or plough.
- The only noise was the snorting of oxen as they pulled against the yoke.
- The yoke was fastened to the pole with a complex of knots so thoroughly tangled that it was impossible to unravel.
- The yearning of the poor that the Independence of the country and the shedding of the yoke of an oppressive colonial past would bring wealth or at least a little more prosperity to them, still remain an unfulfilled dream.
- The worst abuses were officially abolished, but the yoke of oppression did return, and new laws depriving people of their freedom and their political rights were instituted.
- Artistic approach to the style has been undergoing modern transformation, emerging out from under the oppressive yoke of postmodernist theory.
- 2(plural yoke)2.1 (pair of oxen) yunta (feminine) 2.2 (carrying frame) percha (feminine), aguaderas (feminine plural)Oraciones de ejemplo2.3 (of dress, shirt) canesú (masculine)
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Women in brightly coloured headscarves and short Russian army boots carried pails of milk on yokes around their shoulders.
- By day he was working in a limestone quarry, carrying buckets of stones on a yoke.
- Experiment with this technique on shirt yokes and sleeve seams.
- It has the right yoke, waistband and pocket details.
- Foam usually isn't recommended for use on lightweight fabrics; however, it can be used in the yoke or neckline area of form-fitting garments.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [oxen] uncir*, enyuntar he yoked the oxen (up) to the plough unció or enyuntó los bueyes al arado pay increases are yoked to performance los aumentos de sueldo están ligados al rendimiento
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.