They is usually translated by loro (which is in itself the object, not the subject pronoun); the subject pronouns essi (masculine) and esse (feminine) are rarely used in colloquial language: they can certainly do it = loro sanno farlo di sicuro. - Remember that in Italian the subject pronoun is very often understood: they came by train = sono venuti in treno. When used in emphasis, however, the pronoun is stressed, and is placed either at the beginning or at the end of the sentence: they killed her! = loro l'hanno uccisa! l'hanno uccisa loro! - When they is used impersonally, it is translated by si (+ verb in the third person singular): they drink a lot of beer in Britain, don't they? = si beve molta birra in Gran Bretagna, vero? they say he has left = si dice che sia partito. - When they is used to avoid saying he or she after words like everyone, no-one, anyone etc., it is usually understood in Italian: everyone should do what they like = ognuno dovrebbe fare quello che vuole/tutti dovrebbero fare quello che vogliono. - For more examples and exceptions, see below.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Ayuda para la gramática y el uso del italiano:
- Italian Grammar Notes for English speakers translating into Italian 15: LOT1
- Italian Grammar Notes for English speakers translating into Italian 10: HER
- Italian Grammar Notes for English speakers translating into Italian 11: HIS
- Italian Grammar Notes for English speakers translating into Italian 12: IN
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en España
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en India
Muy popular en Pakistán
Suscríbete a Diccionarios Oxford Italiano
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Acceso sin anuncios solamente al sitio principal de Oxforddictionaries.com. Los anuncios aparecen también en vídeos incrustados en Oxforddictionaries.com