Translation of bit in Arabic:
- → bite
- 1(piece of food, land, paper)a bit of cheese/wireevery bit of dirtقِطْعة جُبْنٍ \ سِلْكٍto take a clock to bitsكُلّ قِطْعةٍ من التُرابِفَكَّ أَجْزاءَ ساعةٍ
- 2 [informal] (of time, money, information) See examples: a bit would you like a bit more?we need a bit of timeهل تُريدُ المَزيدَ؟a bit of advice with a bit of luck, we'll finish in an hourنَحْنُ بِحاجةٍ لِبَعْضِ الوَقْتِwe did a bit of shoppingمع بَعْضِ الحَظِّ سَنَنْتَهي بعد ساعةٍit won't do a bit of goodتَسَوَّقْنا قَليلاًwait a bit!لن يَنْفَعَ \ يُفيدَ بِشَيْءٍانْتَظِرْ قَليلاً!
- 3[informal] (section)this bit is brilliant!the bit where the princess diesهذا الجُزْءُ رائِعٌ!الجُزْء الّذي تَموتُ فيهِ الأَميرةُ
also: a bit adverbial phrase/عبارة ظرفية
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Arabic
- Arabic-English and English-Arabic dictionary
- 330,000 words, phrases, & translations, including idioms
- covers Modern Standard Arabic and British & American English
- search for Arabic words using vowelled and unvowelled forms
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Arabic words and sentences
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com