Translation of person in Arabic:
- 1also: plural/جمع people personsa young person a single personin person he's the only person who could have done itشَخْص أَعْزَبwhat kind of person would do a thing like that?هو الشَخْصُ الوَحيدُ الّذي كانَ بِإمْكانِهِ أنْ يَفْعَلَهُthere's no such personأَيُّ بَشَرٍ هذا الّذي يَفْعَلُ شَيْئاً كَهَذا؟what's she like as a person?لا يوجَدُ مِثْلُ هذا الشَخْصِthe very person I was looking for!كيف هي كَإنْسانةٍ؟the person concernedالشَخْص الّذي كُنْتُ أَبْحَثُ عَنْهُ بالضَبْطِ!
- 2[formal] (individual) (masculine/feminine)to have something on or about one's personwith drugs concealed about his personكانَ يَحْمِلُ مَعَهُ شَيْئاًa person or persons unknownمع مُخَدِّراتٍ يَخَبِّئُها مَعَهُشَخْص غَيْر مَعْلومِ الهُويّةِ
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Arabic
- Arabic-English and English-Arabic dictionary
- 330,000 words, phrases, & translations, including idioms
- covers Modern Standard Arabic and British & American English
- search for Arabic words using vowelled and unvowelled forms
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Arabic words and sentences
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com