Translation of provide in Arabic:
transitive verb/فعل متعد
- 1 (to supply) قَدَّمَ (II), وَفَّرَ (II) [services] [food] [an opportunity] a meal is provided on the flight تُقَدَّمُ وَجْبةٌ أثناء الرِحْلةِ to provide sb with sth, to provide sth for sb وَفَّرَ شَيْئاً لِشَخْصٍ the state provides the citizens with education and medical services, the state provides education and medical services for the citizens تُوَفِّرُ الدَوْلةُ التَعْليمَ والخَدَماتِ الطِبّيّةَ للمُواطِنينَ they were provided with everything they needed تَمَّ تَزْويدُهُمْ بِكُلِّ ما يَحْتاجونَهُ it provided the perfect excuse to ... وَفَّرَ الحُجّةَ المُناسِبةَ ل ...
- 2 (to stipulate) [law] [agreement] نَصَّ (I) (stem vowel = u) the contract provides that the the rent is paid in advance يَنُصُّ العَقْدُ على دَفْعِ الإيجارِ مُقَدَّماً
intransitive verb/فعل غير متعد
- [the state] وَفَّرَ سُبُلَ العَيْشِ; [God] رَزَقَ (stem vowel = u) (I)
provide against provide against [sth] اتَّخَذَ التَدابيرَ اللازِمةَ ل [شَيْءٍ] [hardship] [a disaster]
provide for [sth] (to make arrangements for) تَحَسَّبَ \ احْتاطَ ل [شَيْءٍ] [a contingency] [expenses] [an eventuality] 1.1 (to foresee) [insurance policies] [laws] [agreements] نَصَّ (I) (stem vowel = u) (+ على), اشْتَرَطَ (VIII) [action] [help]
provide for [sb] أَعالَ [شَخْصاً] [one's family] [a child] to be well provided for اُعْتُنِيَ بِهِ بِشَكْلٍ جَيِّدٍ
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries | Arabic
- Arabic-English and English-Arabic dictionary
- 330,000 words, phrases, & translations
- Covers Modern Standard Arabic and British & American English
- Search for Arabic words using vowelled and unvowelled forms
- Thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- Up-to-date and accurate translations