- 2(alert)there was a bomb scare at the bus station
ذُعْركانَ هُناكَ ذُعْرٌ من وُجودِ قُنْبُلةٍ في مَحَطّةِ الحافِلاتِ
- scare away [something/somebody], scare [something/somebody] away
أَخافَ [شَيْئاً \ شَخْصاً] (investors, an animal)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Arabic
- Arabic-English and English-Arabic dictionary
- 330,000 words, phrases, & translations, including idioms
- covers Modern Standard Arabic and British & American English
- search for Arabic words using vowelled and unvowelled forms
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Arabic words and sentences
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com