Translation of smoke in Arabic:
- 1 uncountable/غير معدود(from a fire, chimney)all our hopes went up in smoke
دُخانتَبَخَّرَتْ كُلُّ آمالُنا
transitive verb/فعل متعد
- 1(to consume)he smokes a hookah
دَخَّنَ (tobacco, marijuana, a cigarette)يَشْرَبُ \ يُدَخِّنُ شيشةً
- 2(to preserve)
دَخَّنَ (fish, meat)
intransitive verb/فعل غير متعد
- 1(smokers, patients)do you smoke?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Arabic
- Arabic-English and English-Arabic dictionary
- 330,000 words, phrases, & translations, including idioms
- covers Modern Standard Arabic and British & American English
- search for Arabic words using vowelled and unvowelled forms
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Arabic words and sentences
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com