Translation of ring in French:
- 3 (at door) coup (m) de sonnette; (of phone) sonnerie (f)
- 5 (of smugglers, spies) réseau (m)
- 6 (on cooker) (electric) plaque (f); (gas) brûleur (m)
vt (prét rang pp, rung)
- 2 (BrE)(also ring up)appeler
vi (prét rang pp, rung)
- 1 [bell, phone, person] sonner the doorbell rang on a sonné à la porte
- 2 [footsteps, laughter] résonner to ring true sonner vrai
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan