Translation of rotten in French:
- 1 (decayed)(produce, wood, vegetation)
rongé par la rouille(smell)
de pourri, de pourriture
- 2 (corrupt)pourri [informal]
- 3 [informal] (bad)(weather)
infect(cook, driver)what rotten luck!
exécrablequel manque de bol! [informal]to feel rottense sentir patraque [informal]I feel rotten about it that was a rotten thing to do!c'était vraiment un sale coup! [informal]a rotten bastard [vulgar]un vrai salaud [vulgar]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries French
- French-English and English-French dictionary
- more than 910,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers French* and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to French words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts**
**Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com