Translation of sleeve in French:
to laugh up one's sleeve
to wear one's heart on one's sleeve
- laisser voir ses sentiments
to have an ace up one's sleeve
to have something up one's sleeve
- avoir quelque chose en réserve
to have a proposal up one's sleeve
- [figurative]avoir une proposition en réserve
to have a few tricks up one's sleeve
what's he got up his sleeve?
- qu'est-ce qu'il nous réserve?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries French
- French-English and English-French dictionary
- more than 910,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers French* and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to French words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts**
**Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com