Share this entry

British English: /ðeɪ/
American English: /ðeɪ/
They is translated by ils (masculine) or elles (feminine). For a group of people or things of mixed gender ils is always used. The emphatic form is eux (masculine) or elles (feminine). For examples and exceptions, see below.


Definition of they in:

Share this entry


What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?

Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.

Get more from Oxford Dictionaries

Subscribe to remove adverts and access premium resources


    Next Score: