Translate through | into German | into Italian | into Spanish
- 1 (from one side to the other) à travers the nail went right through the wall = le clou a traversé le mur
- 2 (via, by way of) to go through the town centre = passer par le centre-ville to look through = regarder avec [telescope]; = regarder par [hole, window] it was through her that I got this job = c'est par son intermédiaire que j'ai eu ce travail
- 4 (because of) through carelessness = par négligence through illness = pour cause de maladie
- 6 (up to and including) jusqu'à from Friday through to Sunday = de vendredi jusqu'à dimanche
- 1 [train, ticket, route] direct/-e; [freight] à forfait ‘no through road’ = ‘voie sans issue’
- 3 (fam) (finished) fini/-e are you through with the paper? = as-tu fini de lire le journal?