Translation of through in French:
- 1 (from one side to the other) à travers the nail went right through the wall le clou a traversé le mur
- 2 (via, by way of) to go through the town centre passer par le centre-ville to look through regarder avec [telescope] regarder par [hole, window] it was through her that I got this job c'est par son intermédiaire que j'ai eu ce travail
- 4 (because of) through carelessness par négligence through illness pour cause de maladie
- 6 (up to and including) jusqu'à from Friday through to Sunday de vendredi jusqu'à dimanche
- 1 [train, ticket, route] direct/-e; [freight] à forfait ‘no through road’ ‘voie sans issue’
- 3 [fam] (finished) fini/-e are you through with the paper? as-tu fini de lire le journal?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan