When used with a verb, again is often translated by adding the prefix ri- to the verb in Italian: to start again = ricominciare; to marry again = risposarsi; I'd like to read that book again = vorrei rileggere quel libro; she never saw them again = non li ha mai più rivisti. You can check ri- verbs by consulting the Italian side of the dictionary. - For other uses of again and for idiomatic expressions, see the entry below.
- 1di nuovo, ancorasing it again!cantatela di nuovo!once again yet again he refused when you are well againquando starai di nuovo beneagain and again time and (time) againmolto spesso, più e più voltewhat's his name again? [informal]com'è già che si chiama?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com