Translation of all right in Italian:
- 1 (expressing satisfaction)(film, trip, house, game, outfit)the interview was all rightshe's all rightil colloquio è andato abbastanza bene(pleasant)è simpatica(attractive)non è male(competent)sounds all right to me [informal] (acceptance)è abbastanza brava o se la cavais my hair all right?perché no o ma sìyou look all right (reassuring)ho i capelli a posto?stai bene o ti vedo bene
- 3 (able to manage) See examples:will you be all right?don't worry, we're all rightce la fai? o te la cavi?to be all right fornon ti preoccupare o tutto a posto, stiamo beneavere abbastanza(money, time, work)
- 4 (acceptable) See examples:it's all right to do is it all right if…?would it be all right to leave early? is that all right with you?va bene se…?that's all right for young people but…ti va bene? o va bene per te?it's all right for youpassi per i giovani ma…that's (quite) all right!comodo per te o fai presto a parlare(non è) niente! o va bene!
- 2 (without a doubt) See examples:she knows, I'm annoyed all right!the car is ours all rightcerto che lo sa, certo che sono seccato!è proprio la nostra macchina
- 3 (giving agreement, conceding a point) all right all right! point taken!va bene! va bene! ho capito!
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com