Translation of all right in Italian:
- 1 (expressing satisfaction)(film, trip, house, game, outfit)the interview was all right
discreto, accettabile, non maleil colloquio è andato abbastanza beneshe's all right(pleasant)
non è male(competent)sounds all right to me [informal] (acceptance)
è abbastanza brava o se la cavaperché no o ma sìis my hair all right?ho i capelli a posto?you look all right (reassuring)stai bene o ti vedo bene
- 3 (able to manage)will you be all right?ce la fai? o te la cavi?don't worry, we're all rightnon ti preoccupare o tutto a posto, stiamo beneto be all right foravere abbastanza (money, time, work)
- 4 (acceptable)it's all right to do is it all right if…?va bene se…?would it be all right to leave early? is that all right with you?ti va bene? o va bene per te?that's all right for young people but…passi per i giovani ma…it's all right for youcomodo per te o fai presto a parlarethat's (quite) all right!(non è) niente! o va bene!
- 2 (without a doubt)she knows, I'm annoyed all right!certo che lo sa, certo che sono seccato!the car is ours all rightè proprio la nostra macchina
- 3 (giving agreement, conceding a point) all right all right! point taken!va bene! va bene! ho capito!
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com