Translation of alternative in Italian:
- 1 (specified option) one alternative is…the alternative is to douna possibilità è…the alternative is for somebody to dol'alternativa è fareto choose, refuse the alternative of doing there are several alternatives to surgeryl'alternativa è che qualcuno facciawhat is the alternative to imprisonment, pesticides?vi sono varie alternative alla chirurgiaqual è l'alternativa alla detenzione, ai pesticidi?
- 2 (possible option) to have an, no alternativeto have no alternative but to do to have the alternative of staying or leavingavere un'alternativa, non avere alternativeI chose the expensive, political alternativeavere l'alternativa di rimanere o di partireas an alternative to the course on offer, to radiotherapy, you can choose…ho scelto l'alternativa più costosa, la soluzione politica
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com