Translation of anybody in Italian:
- 1 (with negative, implied negative) there wasn't anybody in the house, carwithout anybody knowing I didn't have anybody to talk to I don't like him and nor does anybody elsenon c'era nessuno nella casa, nell'autohardly anybody camenon mi piace, e non piace a nessun altronon è venuto quasi nessuno
- 2 (in questions, conditional sentences) is there anybody in the house, car?did anybody see him?c'è qualcuno nella casa, nell'auto?if anybody asks, tell them I've gone outqualcuno l'ha visto?if anybody can persuade him, John canse qualcuno mi cerca, dì che sono uscitois anybody nice, interesting coming?se c'è qualcuno che lo può convincere, quello è Johnviene qualcuno (di) simpatico, interessante?
- 3 (no matter who) anybody could do itanybody but him, you, his wife anybody who wants to, can gochiunque saprebbe farloanybody but you would have given it to him anybody with any intelligence would realize that …chiunque lo desideri, può andareanybody can make a mistake, break a glass anybody would think you were deafchiunque con un po' di perspicacia si renderebbe conto che …you can invite anybody (you like) it's anybody's guess!chiunque penserebbe che tu sia sordonessuno può saperlo!
- 4 (somebody unimportant) she's not just anybody, she's the bosswe can't ask just anybody to do it, we need a skilled mechanicnon è una qualunque, è il capoI wouldn't give it to just anybodynon possiamo chiedere a uno qualsiasi di farlo, abbiamo bisogno di un meccanico esperto
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Grammar and usage help for Italian:
- Italian Grammar Notes for English speakers translating into Italian 18: NOT
- Italian Grammar Notes for English speakers translating into Italian 10: HER
- Italian Grammar Notes for English speakers translating into Italian 11: HIS
- Italian Grammar Notes for English speakers translating into Italian 12: IN
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com