Translation of appoint in Italian:
- 1 (name)nominare (person) (to something a qualcosa)he has been appointed directorè stato nominato direttoreto appoint somebody (as) chairpersonnominare qualcuno presidenteto appoint somebody to act as secretarynominare qualcuno segretario
- 2 (fix)fissare, stabilire (date, place)
- 3 (equip)arredare, ammobiliare (accommodation)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com