Translation of appointment in Italian:
- 1 (meeting, consultation)appuntamento (masculine) (at a) (with con) (to do per fare)by appointmentsu appuntamentoto have an appointmentavere un appuntamentoto make an appointmentprendere un appuntamentoto break an appointment cancel an appointmentcancellare un appuntamentoplease write, phone for an appointmentvogliate scrivere, telefonare per fissare un appuntamento
- 2 (Administration, Politics) (nomination)nomina (feminine) , carica (feminine) , conferimento (masculine) di incarico (as di) (to something a qualcosa) (to do per fare)“by appointment to Her Majesty” (Business)“fornitori ufficiali di Sua Maestà”to take up an appointment (as something)assumere l'incarico (di qualcosa)
- 3 (job)posto (masculine) as (of di)“Appointments” (in paper)“Offerte di lavoro”
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com