Translation of assumption in Italian:
- 1 (supposition, belief) (Philosophy) the assumption thatl'ipotesi secondo la qualeon the assumption that …supponendo che …to work on the assumption that …agire col presupposto, con l'idea che …to make an assumptionfare un'ipotesia false assumption (Philosophy)una falsa assunzione
- 2 (of duty, power)assunzione (feminine) (of di)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com