Translation of attempt in Italian:
- 1tentativo (masculine) (to do di fare)to make an attempt to do, at doingfare un tentativo o tentare di farein an attempt to do on my, his first attempt attempt to escape o escape attempttentativo d'evasioneto make an attempt on a record at least she made an attempt!almeno ci ha provato!he made no attempt to apologize good attempt!bel tentativo!he made an attempt at a smiletentò di sorridereit's my first attempt at a cakeè la prima volta che provo a fare una tortanot bad for a first attempt!non male come primo tentativo!
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com