Translation of attempt in Italian:
- 1tentativo (masculine) (to do di fare)to make an attempt to do, at doingfare un tentativo o tentare di farein an attempt to do on my, his first attempt attempt to escape o escape attempttentativo d'evasioneto make an attempt on a record at least she made an attempt! he made no attempt to apologize good attempt!bel tentativo!he made an attempt at a smiletentò di sorridereit's my first attempt at a cakeè la prima volta che provo a fare una tortanot bad for a first attempt!
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com