Translation of background in Italian:
- 1 (of person)(professional) formazione (feminine) , background (masculine)to come from a middle-class background people from poor backgrounds we want someone with a scientific, computer backgroundcerchiamo qualcuno con una formazione scientifica, informaticaa background in law, linguisticsuna formazione giuridica, linguistica
- 2 (context) the economic, political backgroundlo sfondo economico, politicoagainst a background of violence these events took place against a background of warquesti avvenimenti hanno avuto luogo in uno scenario di guerrawhat's the background to the situation?qual è il contesto della situazione?before n (briefing, information, knowledge, material)
che riguarda la situazione di fondo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com