Translation of belief in Italian:
- 1 (conviction, opinion)convinzione (feminine) , opinione (feminine) (about riguardo a)political, religious beliefsconvinzioni politiche, religioseto go against somebody's beliefsandare contro le convinzioni di qualcunoin the belief that … it's my belief that …è mia convinzione o sono convinto che …to the best of my beliefper quanto ne so o per quanto mi risultacontrary to popular beliefcontrariamente a quanto si pensa
- 3 (confidence, trust) her belief in democracy, justicela sua fede nella democrazia, nella giustiziabelief in oneselffiducia in sé
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com