Translation of bleed in Italian:
transitive verb pass., p.pass. bled
- 2 [figurative]to bleed somebody for somethingestorcere denaro a qualcuno per qualcosato bleed somebody white o drydissanguare o salassare qualcuno
- 3 (Technology)spurgare (radiator)
rifilare, tagliare a filo
intransitive verb pass., p.pass. bled
- 2 [figurative]to bleed for one's country my heart bleeds for the baby's motheril mio cuore sanguina per la madre del bambinomy heart bleeds! [ironic]mi sanguina il cuore!
- 3(tree, plant)
- 4(colour, dye)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com