Translation of bless in Italian:
transitive verb pass., p.pass. blessed [archaic] blest
- 2 [informal] (affectionately)bless her o bless her heart!è un angelo! Dio gliene renda merito!bless you! (after sneeze)salute!
- 4 (favour)to be blessed withgodere di o avere il dono di (health, luck, skill, intelligence, beauty)we were never blessed with childrenpurtroppo non abbiamo potuto avere figlito be blessed with six childrenessere stati benedetti dall'arrivo di sei figli
reflexive verb pass., p.pass. blessed [archaic] blest
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com