Translation of blessing in Italian:
- 1 (asset, favour) it is a blessing (for him) that he is healthyè una benedizione (per lui) che stia benedishwashers are a blessing for busy peoplele lavastoviglie sono una benedizione per chi ha molti impegnia mixed blessinguna mezza fortunait was a blessing in disguise for her count your blessings!non dimenticare le cose che hai la fortuna di avere!
- 3 (approval)with the blessing of somebody o with somebody's blessingcon la benedizione di qualcunoto give one's blessing to somethingdare la propria benedizione a qualcosa
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com