Translation of blind in Italian:
- 1(person)a blind man, woman
ciecoun (uomo) cieco, una (donna) ciecato go blindperdere la vistato be blind in one eyeessere cieco da un occhioare you blind? [informal]ma sei cieco?
- Just as visually handicapped or visually impaired is often used in English instead of blind, Italian may substitute non vedente for cieco.
- 3 (from which one can't see)(corner, brow of hill)on my blind side
con scarsa visibilitàdal mio angolo mortoblind entranceentrata nascosta
- 5 (blank)(wall, facade)
- 6 (Aviation)(landing)
- 1(injury, accident)to be blinded in an accident
rendere cieco (person)perdere la vista in un incidenteto be blinded in one eyeperdere la vista da un occhio
- 2 (dazzle)(sun, light)(person)
- 3 (mislead, overwhelm)(pride, love)to be blinded by
accecareessere accecato da (passion, love)
intransitive verb(British English)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com