Translation of blind in Italian:
- 1(person)a blind man, womanto go blindun (uomo) cieco, una (donna) ciecato be blind in one eyeperdere la vistaare you blind? [informal]essere cieco da un occhioma sei cieco?
- Just as visually handicapped or visually impaired is often used in English instead of blind, Italian may substitute non vedente for cieco.
- 3 (from which one can't see)(corner, brow of hill)on my blind sidecon scarsa visibilitàblind entrancedal mio angolo mortoentrata nascosta
- 1(injury, accident)to be blinded in an accidentrendere cieco(person)to be blinded in one eyeperdere la vista in un incidenteperdere la vista da un occhio
intransitive verb(British English)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Grammar and usage help for Italian:
- Italian Grammar Notes for English speakers translating into Italian 10: HER
- Italian Grammar Notes for English speakers translating into Italian 11: HIS
- Italian Grammar Notes for English speakers translating into Italian 12: IN
- Italian Grammar Notes for English speakers translating into Italian 13: IT
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com