Translation of born in Italian:
- (person, animal)nato (of da) (to do per fare) (with con)to be born she was born in Bath, in 1976è nata a Bath, nel 1976when the baby is bornquando il bambino sarà natoborn a Catholic she was born into a Jewish familyè nata in una famiglia ebreato be born deaf, blindessere sordo, cieco dalla nascitathe children born to themi figli che hanno avuto o che avrannoto be a born leaderessere un leader natoa born liarun gran bugiardoshe's a born loserè nata perdenteI wish I'd never been born!vorrei non essere mai nato!to be born out of one's timenascere nell'epoca sbagliatato be born (out) of something [figurative] (emotion, idea, group etc.)nascere da qualcosaLondon-born, Irish-bornnato a Londra, in Irlanda, di origine londinese, irlandese
in all my born days
- [informal]in tutta la mia vita
I wasn't born yesterday
she hasn't got the sense she was born with
- [informal]le manca il buonsenso
there's one born every minute!
were you born in a barn? [informal]
- (in northern Italy) hai la coda? (in central and southern Italy) vivi al Colosseo?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com