Translation of bother in Italian:
- 1 (inconvenience) to do something without any botherfare qualcosa senza (alcuna) difficoltàit's too much bother to have the bother of doingavere il fastidio di dover fareit saves me the bother of doingmi risparmia il fastidio di fareto go to the bother of doing don't go to too much bothernon disturbarti troppoit's no bothernon è un disturbo
- 2 (inconvenience) to be bothered by noiseessere disturbato dal rumoreit bothers me that …mi dà fastidio che …they wont be bothering you againnon ti daranno più fastidiodoes it bother you if I smoke? I'm sorry to bother youmi dispiace disturbartioh stop bothering me! [informal] to bother somebody withinfastidire o scocciare qualcuno con (details, problems, questions)
- 1 (take trouble)disturbarsiplease don't bothernon disturbartiwhy bother?a che serve?I don't think I'll bothernon so se ne ho vogliaI wouldn't botherio lascerei perdereto bother doing o to do he doesn't bother voting o to votenon gli importa (niente) di votaredon't o you needn't bother doingnon disturbarti a fareI won't bother with a hatnon ho bisogno di un cappello“I want to apologize” - “don't bother!”“mi devo scusare” - “non è il caso!”you needn't o don't bother coming back!non è il caso che (tu) ritorni!
- 2 (worry)to bother aboutpreoccuparsi diit's not worth bothering about the detailsnon vale la pena preoccuparsi dei dettagliI don't know why I bothernon so perché me la prenda (tanto)it's, he's not worth bothering aboutnon vale la pena preoccuparsenedon't bother about me, I'll be finenon preoccuparti per me, starò benissimo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com