Translation of bottle in Italian:
- 1 (container)(for drinks) bottiglia (feminine)(for perfume) boccetta (feminine)(for medicine, tablets) flacone (masculine)(for baby) biberon (masculine)(for gas) bombola (feminine)milk, whisky bottlebottiglia per il latte, da whiskya bottle of wineuna bottiglia di vino“bring a bottle” (to party)“portare una bottiglia”
- 2 [figurative] [informal] (alcohol)to hit the bottlealzare il gomito o attaccarsi alla bottigliato be on the bottleessere alcolizzato o bereto go back on the bottlerimettersi a bereto take to the bottle
- 1 (put in bottles)imbottigliare, mettere in bottiglia (milk, wine)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com