- 1 (basin)(for food) scodella (feminine) , ciotola (feminine)(for washing) bacinella (feminine) , catino (masculine)(of sink) vaschetta (feminine)(of lavatory) tazza (feminine)(of lamp) boccia (feminine)a bowl of milk a bowl of wateruna bacinella d'acqua
- 2 (throw)lanciare (ball)
- 3 (British English) (Sport) → bowl out:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com