Translation of bulge in Italian:
- 1 (swelling)(in clothing, carpet, tyre, cheek) rigonfiamento (masculine)(in vase, column, pipe, tube, plaster) rigonfiamento (masculine) , bombatura (feminine) , protuberanza (feminine)(in stomach) the bulge of his belly [informal]la sua grossa pancia o il suo pancione
- 4 (Military) the battle of the Bulge (History, Military)la battaglia delle Ardenne[figurative] [humorous]la battaglia o lotta contro i chili superflui
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com