Translation of bulldoze in Italian:
- 1(knock down) abbattere, spianare con un bulldozer (building, wall, forest)(move) rimuovere con un bulldozer (earth, rubble)the village was bulldozed to the groundil paese è stato raso al suolo con un bulldozerthey bulldozed a track through the foresthanno tracciato una pista nella foresta con i bulldozer
- 2 [figurative] (force)forzare, obbligare (into doing a fare)to bulldoze (one's way) through a crowdfarsi largo a spallate tra la follathe government is trying to bulldoze the bill through parliament
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com