- 1 (American English) (vagrant)barbone (masculine) (-a), clochard (masculine or feminine)to be on the bum
transitive verb forma in -ing ecc. -mm-[informal]
intransitive verb forma in -ing ecc. -mm-
- 1 (American English) (bad)di pessima qualità, inutilebum rapbrutto scherzo o fregaturato get a bum dealfare un cattivo affareto give somebody a bum steerdare un'informazione errata a qualcuno o fuorviare qualcuno
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com