- (American English) [informal]butt out!
(on conversation) interrompere, intromettersi
(during meeting) intervenirehe kept butting in on our conversation there's no need for you to butt in
non c'è bisogno di immischiartisorry to butt in but
mi dispiace interrompervi mato butt into somebody's business (American English)
intromettersi negli affari altrui
fatti i cavoli tuoi!
- 1 (person: target)to be the butt of somebody's jokes, of criticismessere il bersaglio degli scherzi, delle critiche di qualcuno
- 2 (American English) [informal] (buttocks)didietro (masculine)get off your butt [informal]
chiappe (feminine plural)alza le chiappe!
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com