Translation of capacity in Italian:
- 1 (ability to hold)(of box, bottle, barrel) capacità (feminine) (of di)(of concert, theatre building) capienza (feminine)(of road) portata (feminine)the theatre has a capacity of 500 seating capacity storage capacity the theatre was packed o full to capacityil teatro era pieno zeppoto have a great capacity for alcohol [humorous]reggere bene l'alcol
- 4 (ability)to have a capacity foravere attitudine per (maths etc.)a capacity for doingun'attitudine o una disposizione a fareshe has a great capacity for friendship she has a capacity for earningè brava a far soldihe has a great capacity for hard work to have the capacity to doavere le capacità per farehe has the capacity to do wellha le capacità per fare benethe task, exam is well within your capacitiesil compito, l'esame è ampiamente alla tua portata
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com