- 3 uncountable (Business, Economics)(wealth) capitale (masculine)(funds) capitali (masculine plural)with a capital of £500,000
fondi (masculine plural)con un capitale di 500.000 sterlineto make capital out of something [figurative]trarre profitto, vantaggio da qualcosato make political capital out of somethingtrarre vantaggio politico da qualcosabefore n (amount, base, loss, outlay, turnover)
- 1(letter)capital A
maiuscoloA maiuscolacrazy with a capital C [informal]matto da legare o proprio mattoluck with a capital Lfortuna con la F maiuscola
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com