Translation of chain in Italian:
- 1 (metal links) a length of chainuna catenaa gold chainuna catena d'oroto put o keep somebody in chainsincatenare qualcuno o mettere, tenere qualcuno in cateneto keep a dog on a chaintenere un cane alla catenato break free of o from one's chains [figurative]liberarsi dalle catene
- 4 (Business)catena (feminine) (of di)supermarket, hotel chaincatena di supermercati, di hotel
- 6(Biology, Geography, Physics)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com