Translation of cheer in Italian:
- 1 (shout of joy, praise) to give a cheergridare evviva o urrà o acclamareto get a big cheerricevere un grande applauso o un'ovazionethere were cheers whenci furono acclamazioni quandoto give three cheers forgridare tre urrà perthree cheers!hip! hip! urrà!
- 1 (applaud)acclamare, applaudire (person, team)to be loudly cheeredessere acclamato a gran voce
- 2 (hearten)allietare, rallegrare (person)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com