transitive verb forma in -ing ecc. -pp-
- 1to clap one's hands clap your hands!battete la mani!to clap one's hands over one's earscoprirsi le orecchie con le manito clap one's hand over somebody's mouthmettere una mano sulla bocca a qualcunoto clap somebody on the backdare una pacca o pacche sulla schiena a qualcunoto clap something shutchiudere qualcosa con un colpo della mano
- 2 (applaud)applaudire (actor, performance)
intransitive verb forma in -ing ecc. -pp-
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com