Translation of climax in Italian:
- 1 (culmination, end)(of career) apice (masculine) , culmine (masculine)(of war, frenzy, conflict) culmine (masculine)(of plot, speech, play) climax (masculine or feminine) , punto (masculine) salienteto reach its climax(argument, crisis, battle, contest)
raggiungere il culmine(symphony, performance)it's a fitting climax to a long career
raggiungere il momento culminante o di maggior intensitàè il giusto coronamento di una lunga carrierathe exciting climax of the tournament
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com