Translation of competence in Italian:
- 1 (ability) to have the competence to do I doubt his competence to do the work, lead the teamdubito che abbia la competenza sufficiente per fare il lavoro, per guidare la squadrato require professional, scientific competence (task)richiedere una competenza professionale, scientifica
- 2 (skill) her competence as an accountant is not in question I don't doubt his competence as a sailornon metto in dubbio le sue capacità di marinaiocompetence in word processing is necessary for this job we require competence in Spanishrichiediamo la conoscenza dello spagnolo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com