Translation of conscience in Italian:
- it's a matter for your own consciencedevi decidere secondo la tua coscienzain all consciencein (tutta) coscienzathey have no consciencesono senza coscienza o non hanno o non si fanno scrupolihe is the conscience of the nationè la coscienza del paeseto have something on one's conscienceavere qualcosa sulla coscienzato have a guilty, bad conscience to have a clear conscienceavere la coscienza pulita o tranquilla o a postoto do something with a clear consciencefare qualcosa con la coscienza tranquillathey will have to live with their consciencesdovranno vivere con questo peso sulla coscienza
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com