Translation of contribute in Italian:
- 2 (to gift, charity)donare, elargire (to a) (towards per)
- 3 (Business, Economics)apportare (capitals, funds)to contribute £5mapportare (un capitale di) 5 milioni di sterline
- 4 (to project, undertaking)contribuire con, portare (ideas, experience) (to a)he contributes nothing to discussionsnon ha contribuito in alcun modo alle discussionithey have much to contributeil loro contributo può essere molto importante o possono essere di grande aiuto
- 5 (Journalism, Radio)scrivere (article, column) (to per)
- 1 (be a factor in)to contribute to o towardscontribuire a o concorrere a (change, awareness, productivity, decline, well-being)
- 2 (to community life, company expansion, research)contribuire, partecipare (to a)an opportunity to contributeun'opportunità per partecipare
- 3to contribute tocontribuire a o partecipare finanziariamente a (maintenance of facilities, services)versare la propria quota a o aderire a (pension fund, insurance scheme)
- 4(to charity, gift)
fare donazioni, elargizioni (to a)(to campaign, orchestra)would you like to contribute? (for gift)
dare sovvenzioni (to a)vuole partecipare?
- 5 (Journalism, Radio)collaborare (to a)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com